Sunday 1 November 2015

Soul-full Sunday

I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me.

This verse is about reciprocation. God delivered the Hebrews from slavery and asks only that they honour no other before Him. 

Humankind is fallible and easily tempted by "false Gods" such as money and treasure. The real, true Treasure is the Divinity within each of us, and, the relationship we can have with God. 

I am not a religious person as I feel that most religions have fallen from what Jesus taught us. I do consider myself Christian because I believe in Jesus Christ and the lessons He gave us, and I do believe that He was God on earth. I consider myself a spiritual person and believe that nature is The One True Church because THAT is where God is!!!

I respect other's beliefs even if I do not agree with them. That, after all is about having free will and the ability to choose. God is not a dictator. He does not command that we follow Him. He simply asks us to reciprocate the good He bestows upon us. 

Have a blessed day!!

Love and Hugs!!

NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment