Sunday 18 October 2015

Letting go

Do you, or have you ever had a concept of yourself that limits your thinking/life?

I am struggling with that again in my life. When I worked as a Branch Operations Assistant, I conceptualized my identity around that position. I know it's kinda weird and crazy, but now after getting my BBA in Accounting, I seem to be doing it again!!

I know that my Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree encompasses so much more of the business world than my major focus and yet the other day I was struggling with the fact that I had an interview for a position that is NOT accounting. Of course I was happy to have an interview, but why was it not for an accounting position? That's what I worked so hard for 3.5 years to excel in after all!!

So now I am letting go of the concept of me as "the accountant" and embracing the opportunity to be me in what ever business opportunity comes along...I have to try to remember that I am NOT what I do, but WHO I AM as a person, and that is pretty darn great!!!!

Love and Hugs,

NJ


1 comment:

  1. Jobs don't need to be pigeon holed for you to use your degree.

    Many managerial positions need people who understand accounting principles to keep department budgets on track and to make projections that will facilitate growth in the industry.

    Be open and you will find a niche where your new skills will be in dispensible.

    ReplyDelete